2017 is bringing a lot of changes to Leo & Son Garage. Many of our long time customers have seen that we have some new faces around the shop. We want you all to get to know us as more than just the people who service your vehicle. Every week we will highlight one of the members of our team so you know the faces behind the quality work that we do.
This week we'll be shining the spotlight on Jesse Vazquez, our newest Service Advisor. Jesse joined the team in October 2016 and he has over 20 years of experience as a Service Advisor. We're lucky to have him on board, read below to learn more about him!
- Before working at Leo & Son, what was the most unusual or interesting job you've ever had?
-Working the graveyard shift cleaning city buses when I was in high school. It wasn't a good job but I had to work if I wanted to eat.
- Do you have a nickname?
-Actually, Jesse is a nickname. My real name is Jesus. But my close friends call me Perro, which means dog in Spanish. Chucho is a nickname for Jesus and chucho also means dog. That's where Perro comes from.
- If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- If you were stuck on an island what 3 things would you want to have with you?
-my kids, they all count as one. Seeds and clothes. Everything else could be figured out there.
- When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
-It's what I still want, I've always wanted to have my own shop.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
-I like to put things together. It could be a table, building some cabinets, or working on my car. I like to be hands on.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
-"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" - Thomas Edison
- When are you the happiest?
-I'm always at my happiest. I try to stay positive and happy everyday.
- Last question. A very serious one. Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster?
-A tiny elephant. It doesn't matter if they're tiny or giant. Elephants are just better.
Check out our blog next week to meet the rest of our staff!